- 2013 – present Lufkin ISD Superintendent of Schools
- 2008 – 2013 Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD Superintendent of Schools
- 2011 Doctor of Education Sam Houston State University, Educational Leadership
- 2003 Master of Education Sam Houston State University, Educational Administration
- 1999 Bachelor of Arts Sam Houston State University, History/English
- Texas Standard, Superintendent EC-12
- Texas Standard, Principal Grades EC-12
- Texas Life, Secondary English Grades 6-12
- 2013 – 2014 TABSE Superintentent Think Tank
- 2012-2013 TASA Future Ready Superintendents Leadership Institute
- 2011 District Administration Leadership Institute – Superintendents Summit
- 2010-2011 Lamar University Superintendents Academy
- 2008-2009 TASA First Time Superintendents Academy
- 2007 International Graduate Study at Universidad Iberoamericana, Pueblo, Mexico
SERVICE TO THE PROFESSION
- Regional Transformational Leader – Texas High Performance Schools Consortium & Associates
- Member – UIL Waiver Review Board
- Member – Stephen F. Austin Advisory Committee – Certification Programs
- Member – Stephen F. Austin IRB for Protection of Human Subjects in Research
- Facilitator – Region VII New Vision Consortium of Superintendents
- Member – TEA Principal Preparation Steering Committee
- Vice- President – Region VI Regional Advisory Committee of Superintendents
- Member – Region VI Advisory Committee – Alternative Certification Program
- Member – Sam Houston State University Advisory Committee – Superintendent Preparation Program
- Facilitator – Region VI New Vision Consortium of Superintendents
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
- Executive Board Member – Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Board Member – Angelina Coalition, Inc.
- Member – Lufkin Economic Development Partnership Board
- Charter Member – Lufkin Education Foundation
- Provisional Member – Lufkin Junior League
- Coach – Lufkin City Basketball League
- First Vice-President – Coldspring/San Jacinto County Chamber of Commerce
- Charter Member – C-OCISD Education Foundation
- Advisory Committee – Coldspring Youth Club (Formerly San Jacinto County Boys & Girls Club)
- Charter Member – Coldspring Lion’s Club
- Member – Coldspring Women’s League
- Member – Coldspring CPS Advisory Board
- Member – Coldspring/San Jacinto County Tourism Council
- Coach – Coldspring Youth Basketball League
- Member/Bible Study Teacher – God’s Restoration Revival Center
- Member – Jack and Jill of the Woodlands
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- Texas Association of School Administrators – Executive Board Member
- Texas Association of School Boards
- Texas Council of Women School Executives – Executive Board Member (President-Elect)
- Texas Alliance of Black School Educators – Executive Board Member (Recording Secretary)
- Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Honorary Chapter FFA Degree
- The National Scholars Honor Society
- Phi Delta Kappa International
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Selected by the faculty of Sam Houston State University College of Education as the recipient of the 2013 Distinguished Administrator of the Year Award from a pool of over 100 nominations.
Presented with the College Readiness Award in recognition of having a significant increase in ACT Composite score over the past five years while, at the same time, increasing the number of students taking the ACT Assessment. According to ACT, only 10% of the high schools in Texas were able to accomplish what we’ve done.
Awarded Texas Incentive Fund grant to improve student achievement by increasing teacher and principal effectiveness. C-OCISD is one of seven district recipients to share a five-year $40.7 million grant.
Selected by the Texas Association of School Administrators to participate in the Future-Ready Superintendents Leadership Institute. From a pool of 57 applicants, 39 superintendents were selected to work together to define the future of public education in Texas.
Named one of only 22 members of the 2012-2013 Class of Phi Delta Kappa International Emerging Leaders. The PDK Emerging Leaders program recognizes top educators from across the world for their visionary leadership, professional achievements, and commitment to the field of education.
Voted Best School District in San Jacinto County for 2012.
Received Outstanding Paper Award from the SHSU Graduate Research Exchange in 2007.
Named C-OCISD Teacher of the Year in 2001.